The Breastfeeding Network (BfN) aims to be an independent source of support and information for breastfeeding women and others.
- To inform, educate and support families in feeding and nurturing babies and young children;
- To enable communities to support breastfeeding through sharing information, training and volunteering;
- To contribute to evidence based policy making for government, healthcare providers and educators;
- To promote the mental and physical wellbeing of mothers and babies through supporting breastfeeding.
Help us to further our work – become a Trustee
We are looking for volunteers to join our Board of Trustees.
As a Trustee, you’ll have the opportunity to apply and develop your skills and experience within BfN’s welcoming and dedicated Board. You’ll use your passionate commitment to ensure the charity can continue to progress strategically and influence real change for parents and families choosing to breastfeed.
New trustees will help ensure BfN fully represent the range of diversity in the infant feeding community. We are prioritising applicants who can add to the Board’s skills in public health, finance, organisational development and HR.
This role of Trustee with the Breastfeeding Network is voluntary, flexible, home-based and with occasional travel for meetings when that is possible. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and with a programme of work in Scotland we would also like to receive interest from applicants in Scotland.
- Oversee the implementation of the charity’s strategy.
- Support the Chief Executive and senior team, adding value and expert advice.
- Facilitate change that promotes the value of breastfeeding to be considered higher up the political and social agenda.
- Support BfN to develop an increasing awareness regarding the value of breastfeeding and breastmilk.
- Ensure the charity remains true to its purpose.
The Board of trustees meets four times a year plus an extra meeting for the Annual General Meeting. The annual time commitment is 5 days for meetings, plus preparation and reading time, with opportunities for deeper involvement in relevant areas of the charity’s work. You will be invited to their events and the annual conference.
The role is not remunerated but travel and expenses are paid.
Applications should be received by the end of 27th June 2021, and interviews will be held between: 28th June – 2nd July 2021.
You may have experience of the following: Trustee, Voluntary, early years, vulnerable people, HR Manager, Board Membership, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, Remote Working, etc.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send an application to email@example.com by 27th June 2021.
Please be aware that, due to Covid-19 restrictions currently in place, recruitment staff are working from home and therefore we cannot accept postal application at this time. If this is a barrier to you applying, please contact us as at the earliest opportunity so that we can support you to apply.
If you have any questions about the role or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0844 412 0995.