Work with Us
Everyone who works with the Breastfeeding Network contributes to the support of breastfeeding families across the UK.
We are recognised and awarded for operating with the highest ethical standards, which ensures that do the right thing by our staff, volunteers and broader community. Read more about our achievements and awards here.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting opportunity to make a difference every day take a look at our vacancies below:
Current External vacancies:
BfN2024/66 Deputy Coordinator (Lewisham & Greenwich) – Closing Date 12/12/2023
BfN2024/82 Breastfeeding Peer Supporter (Sandwell – Mat Leave Cover) – Closing date 12/12/2023
BfN2024/43 Service Manager (Lewisham) – Closing Date 12/12/2023
BfN2024/83 Breastfeeding Peer Supporter (Community Engagement – Haringey) – Closing Date 12/12/2023
BfN2024/84 Administrator (Islington) – Closing Date 19/12/2023
BfN2024/85 Breastfeeding Awareness Worker (Haringey) – Closing Date 09/01/2024
BfN2024/88 Community Peer Support Coordinator (Ayrshire) – Closing Date 09/01/2024
Current Internal vacancies:
BfN2024/79 Tutor and Supervisor (Reading Helpers Course) – Closing Date 12/12/2023
BfN2024/86 Tutor and Supervisor (Barking and Dagenham) – Closing Date 14/12/2023
BfN2024/87 Supervisor (Lewisham and Greenwich) – Closing Date 19/12/2023
BfN2024/89 Tutor (Supporting Infant Feeding in Your Practice) – Closing Date 19/12/2023
We would love you to join our team so please consider the following when filling out your application form:
- Read the Job Description first and consider the requirements in the ad – if you want more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you show on your Application form how you meet the criteria detailed in the Person Specification
- As we anonymise all our Application and Expression of Interest forms before they are sent to the recruiting manager, they will not see your name or know who the application is from before selecting for interview. Selection for interview is only based on the information provided on the application/ EOI form so please complete all areas of the form in as much detail as possible
- We don’t accept CVs during the application process unless we specifically say
There is guidance available online about how to complete an application form, for example https://goodmoves.org.uk/advice/completing-a-winning-application/ and https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/advice/write_appform.html. Please note that some of the sections on our application form may not exactly match with the examples given on these sites. You could also contact your local careers service:
- England https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- Scotland https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/
- Wales https://careerswales.gov.wales/
- Northern Ireland https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/careers
If you need any support to fill out form please just let us know by e-mailing email@example.com or call us on 08444 120 995.
Conflict of Interest
At BfN, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage applications to our vacancies from all of those with relevant experience. Through our recruitment process we have to ensure that all Conflicts of Interest are managed using the guidance from our ‘Conflict of Interest’ policy. It is the responsibility of all individuals at BfN or applying to work within BfN to identify and seek to manage any possible conflict of interest whether it be through a paid role or a volunteer role. In order to manage any conflicts of interest, we request that you declare on your application form any potential conflicts as well as any relationships (family, personal) which you may have with directors, board members and other staff or volunteers. We will also be actively looking on Social media and the wider web to ensure that your public information is not conflicting with any views of the BfN, or seen to be negatively impacting the reputation of us as an organisation.
Equality and Diversity
The Breastfeeding Network is fully committed to providing equality of opportunity and encouraging applications from all candidates regardless of their background, beliefs, disability, gender, marital status or sexual orientation as set out in the BfN Equality and Diversity Policy.
Please see the attached privacy notice which details how we will use your information and your rights under GDPR. Please take time to read this important document.