Course Reference: Supporter2024/24
Course Title: Supporters (Pan Projects)
Course Type: Full Supporters course
Prerequisites: Applications are being accepted from individuals able to fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Ability to volunteer regularly in the areas of London services, including new areas of Southwick, Greenwich or Lewisham
- Based in, or able to volunteer regularly on, the Isle of Wight
- Based in Cardiff and Welsh speaking. You must be prepared to volunteer on the National Breastfeeding Helpline following training
Number of places available: 5 (trainees must be existing registered Helpers)
Course start date: 13/11/2023
Course end date: 10/06/2024
Day and time of sessions: Mondays 12-2pm:
- Intro Monday 13th November 2023 12-2pm
- Session 1 Monday 20th November 12-2pm
- Session 2 Monday 4th December 12-2pm
- Session 3 Monday 18th December 12-2pm
- Session 4 Monday 8th Jan 2024 12-2pm
- Session 5 Monday 22nd Jan 12-2pm
- Session 6 Monday 5th Feb 12-2pm
- Session 7 Monday 19th Feb 12-2pm
- Session 8 Monday 4th March 12-2pm
- Session 1 Monday 15th April 12-2pm
- Session 2 Monday 29th April 12-2pm
- Session 3 Monday 13th May 12-2pm
- Session 4 Monday 27th May 12-2pm
- Session 5 Monday 10th June 2024 12-2pm
Duration: The training consists of 13 x 2 hour tutorials running fortnightly. We will do our best to avoid school holidays but as this is pan project this may not always be possible for everyone. In between sessions trainees are expected to complete 13 assignments which will be assessed and moderated.
Assignments to be completed by: 28th June 2024
Course venue: Online (using Zoom)
Closing date for applications: 03/10/2023 (extended from 26/09/2023)
Proposed interview date (if applicable): Monday 9th October 12:30-2:30pm, online (rescheduled from 2nd October)
DBS required: Yes
Applications are being accepted from individuals able to fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Ability to volunteer regularly in the areas of London services, including new areas of Southwick, Greenwich or Lewisham.
- Based in Cardiff and Welsh speaking. You must be prepared to volunteer on the National Breastfeeding Helpline following training.
Applicants must have current BfN Helper registration.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position please complete the online application form found at the link below.
If you have any questions about the course, voluntary role or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our Central Support team on 0844 412 0995.