Course Title: Helpers (Lewisham and Greenwich)
Number of places available: 12
Course start date: 13/11/2023
Course end date: 26/02/2024
Day and time of sessions: Mondays 10:30am-12:30pm for 12 weeks (with additional week if required). 2 hours per week plus small amount of time completing learning assessment log.
- Monday 13th November 2023 10.30-12.30
- Monday 20th November 2023 10.30-12.30
- Monday 27th November 2023 10.30-12.30
- Monday 4th December 2023 10.30-12.30
- Monday 11th December 2023 10.30-12.30
- Monday 18th December 2023 10.30-12.30
—2 week break for Christmas—
- Monday 8th January 2024 10.30-12.30
- Monday 15th January 2024 10.30-12.30
- Monday 22nd January 2024 10.30-12.30
- Monday 29th January 2024 10.30-12.30
- Monday 6th February 2024 10.30-12.30
—Break for half term—
- Monday 19th February 2024 10.30-12.30
- Monday 26th February 2024 10.30-12.30
Assignments to be completed by: 29/02/2024
Course venue: Quaggy Children’s Centre, Orchard Hill, Lewisham, London, SE13 7QZ
Closing date for applications: 05/11/2023 (extended from 10/10/2023)
Proposed information session and informal interview date: 9th November 2023
DBS required: Yes (BfN will arrange this at no cost to volunteers)
Creche: We are unfortunately unable to provide a creche however babies under the age of 1 year are welcome within the training session.
We are training a cohort of Breastfeeding Network peer support volunteers supporting families within Lewisham and Greenwich.
Following completion of the training and registration with the Breastfeeding Network, volunteers will be expected to offer at least 4 hours a month supporting at groups in Children’s Centres or alongside Health Visiting and Midwifery.
To maintain registration with the Breastfeeding Network volunteers must attend regular supervision sessions and complete mandatory training as required.
Please indicate in your application which area/areas you would be able volunteer in:
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role please complete the online application form found at the link below.
If you have any questions about the course, voluntary role or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our HR Advisor on 0844 412 0995.