Work with Us
Working for the Breastfeeding Network can be both challenging and hugely rewarding. Whether you are able to use your skills and experience to work with mothers in your local area or to assist our central team, knowing that you are contributing to the support of breastfeeding mums and their babies across the UK is a great feeling.
We are recognised and awarded for operating with the highest ethical standards, which ensures that do the right thing by our staff, volunteers and broader community. Read more about our achievements and awards here. In addition we are able to offer enrolment into our pension scheme to all eligible members of staff. Details of our current vacancies and how to apply are given below.
Please be aware that, due to Covid-19 restrictions currently in place, recruitment staff are working from home and therefore we cannot accept postal application at this time. If this is a barrier to you applying, please contact us as at the earliest opportunity so that we can support you to apply.
If you are applying for any of our vacancies please consider the following:
- How you can show that you meet the criteria detailed in the Person Specification
- Ensure that you complete all areas of the form
- Application forms are anonymised by HR before they are sent to the recruiting manager. The manager will not see your name and selection for interview is only based on the information provided on the application form. It is therefore really important that you include all relevant qualifications, skills and experience on your application form.
- We do not accept CVs and they will not be used as part of your application
There is guidance available online about how to complete an application form, for example https://goodmoves.org.uk/advice/completing-a-winning-application/ and https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/advice/write_appform.html. Please note that some of the sections on our application form may not exactly match with the examples given on these sites. You could also contact your local careers service:
- England https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- Scotland https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/
- Wales https://careerswales.gov.wales/
- Northern Ireland https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/careers
If you have any problems or concerns about filling in the form please just let us know by e-mailing email@example.com or call us on 08444 120 995 and we will provide some support and guidance.
Do you have skills to offer BfN? Would you like experience as a charity trustee? If you would like more information or a chat about what this entails please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality and Diversity
The Breastfeeding Network is fully committed to providing equality of opportunity and encouraging applications from all candidates regardless of their background, beliefs, disability, gender, marital status or sexual orientation as set out in the BfN Equality and Diversity Policy.
Please see the attached privacy notice which details how we will use your information and your rights under GDPR. Please take time to read this important document.
Page last updated 28/01/2022