Looking for breastfeeding support or just want to chat to another mum about breastfeeding?
The Breastfeeding Network has trained peer support volunteers in your local area. There are lots of ways to access support, and all events can be found on our Facebook Events (https://www.facebook.com/bfnforthvalley) page.
- Tuesday 10:30am: Walk, Talk & Feed – The Falkirk Stadium to The Helix – FK2 9EE
- Wednesday 10-11am: The Sensory Centre – FK1 4DD (group starts 19/07/23)
- Thursday 11-12:30pm: The Blue Hoose, Tullibody , FK10 2SE
- Friday 10:30am – Walk, Talk, and Feed group, Callendar Park, Falkirk
- Friday 12-1.30pm Mayfield Centre, St Ninians, Stirling
- Phone support is available to all mums within 48 hours of discharge from hospital. You will be asked if you would like to be referred to the service while you are still on the ward. If you are not offered this service before you go home, please complete this form (https://forms.office.com/e/kUmCnSpJYG) and we will telephone you.
- Join our local Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/bfnforthvalley. You can use this to contact trained volunteers for support or just to chat to other mums. There are also smaller Facebook groups associated with local breastfeeding support groups and you can find these details on the page
- Ring the National Breastfeeding Helpline on 0300 100 0212 or message them on Facebook @NationalBreastfeedingHelpline
- Email ForthValley@breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk and we can offer support via email or arrange to call you back to offer support over the phone or via a free video call
- Join in with a virtual breastfeeding group video chat to say hello to other mums and peer supporters without leaving the house! Details of the groups and links to join are on our Facebook page
All our volunteers are mums who have breastfed their own children and then done training so that they can support other families. Whatever your question or if you just want to chat to someone please get in touch
Please be aware that emails and messages to our Facebook page will be seen by a small team of volunteers. If you contact us by E-mail please send just a brief outline of your question or concern initially so we can support you in the most appropriate way. To find out how we look after your data you can go to https://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/privacy-notice/