This year our Mums’ Milk run will be extra special as it is part of our 20th birthday celebrations! We will still have all the usual information about how to set up and run local events for families and volunteers but we will also have a Mums’ Milk Run birthday virtual run for you to join in with. A virtual run is a run done in your own time and on your own terms, you can run (or walk) at your own pace and you can do the run in one go or over several days.
There are two options for you to choose between, both related to our 20th birthday theme – you can choose either to run for 20 minutes or to run 20k. You have twenty days to complete your challenge, you can run it all at once or spread it over the 20 days (or longer). You can complete your virtual race on your own running outside in your local area, at the gym on a treadmill or even with a group of friends. There is no time pressure, this is all about raising funds and having FUN!
- Register for your Virtual Run using the link below when the race opens in March
- Choose if you want to do the 20k run or the 20 minute run
- There will be a small entry fee for each person entering
- Do your run between 1st and 20th May 2017, either in one go or spread over the 20 days
- Everyone who enters will receive a special limited edition 20th birthday medal
- You will also receive a special discount code to get 15% off one of our BfN running vests
- If you would like to add a little competitive spirit into the event you can email us proof of how far you ran in 20 minutes or how fast you ran the 20k distance and be entered into our final leader board that will be shared on our website after the 20th. The person who ran the furthest in 20 minutes or ran the fastest 20k race will receive a special edition birthday mug as well as their medal.
- Share your photos of your virtual run between 1st-20th May using #mumsmilkrun2017 and we will share the best on our website and social media pages
For our birthday year we have set a fundraising target of £20,000 and we need your help to achieve this. If you would like to collect some sponsorship for your virtual run you could set up a JustGiving page and ask people to sponsor your efforts or make an extra donation either when you register for the race or once you have completed your challenge.
We would love to see you in action and hear all about your virtual run so please share with us via twitter or Facebook or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration coming soon…..