Everything stops for tea!
Where would we be without the humble tea break? A chance to rest, refresh and recharge – or even reconnect with friends and loved ones. A pretty essential activity, especially when there are babies or children involved…although they can make the resting part trickier!
This November, we’re asking you to take a Big Tea Break with BfN, and help raise money for our Drugs in Breastmilk service. Pop the kettle on, open the biscuits (or the cake tin!) and spend 10 minutes catching up with friends, or simply taking time out of your day to clear your mind.
Throughout the week, we’ll be sharing stories from people who have used the Drugs in Breastmilk service – why not use your break time to check them out, and see the real impact that this amazing service can have. We’ll even be hearing from some of our team of pharmacists, about their work supporting breastfeeding families, and the difference your donation could make.
Want to join in?
- Follow our social media channels to stay up to date with everything that’s going on throughout the week:
- Spread the word – call, email or text your friends and family to let them know that you’d like to connect with them for a cuppa and a chat.
- Hold a bake sale or coffee morning to raise money. You could also hold a raffle or guess the weight of the cake competition (sell tickets or ask for donations for entry, and the winner gets the cake!)
- Share your tea break photos and videos with us – use #BfNTeaBreak21. We’ll share the best ones on our social media stories!
- Make a donation to help fund the Drugs in Breastmilk service:
- Via our JustGiving page
- Text BFNDIBM to 70085 to donate £3 (costs £3 plus one standard rate message)
- Add a number to your text to donate up to £20 (e.g. BFNDIBM 5 = £5 donation)
- Want a chilled out tea break? Check out our Moment of Calm guided meditation podcast. You can also find some of our favourite relaxation techniques here.
- If you’re feeling crafty and would like to knit a boob while you’re sipping your tea, you can find the pattern here.
About the Drugs in Breastmilk Service
Our Drugs in Breastmilk service provides support and information to thousands of families and health professionals every year. Our highly experienced and trained pharmacists offer breastfeeding support alongside evidence based information to anyone who is concerned about the effects of medication or treatments while breastfeeding.
Currently the Drugs in Breastmilk service receives no external funding.
This is your opportunity to help us secure the future of the service, so we can continue to provide evidence based, mother-centred, non-judgmental information around medications, procedures and treatments while breastfeeding.
For mums, this service is a lifeline – providing them with accurate and detailed, but easy to understand, information to allow them and their families to make their own decisions about their medication and how they feed their babies.
For health professionals, it is invaluable to have a reliable source of evidence based information to help provide the best possible care for mums and their babies.
We want to ensure this service has a sustainable future so it can continue to provide this vital support.
Share this post: