The BfN AGM and Annual Conference are important activities in the BfN calendar. Given the continuing uncertainty about travel and face to face events, we have decided to build on the success of last year and hold these events online again in 2021.
2021 conference details:
The BfN annual conference is an exciting and informative event for our volunteers, parents, families and health professionals with an interest in breastfeeding and related topics.
The conference will start around 10am following the AGM, with full details yet to be confirmed.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Dr. Ernestine Gheyoh Ndzi – Breastfeeding Support: Should UK Higher Education Institutions not be leading the way?
- Smita Hanciles – Breastfeeding, peer support and perinatal mental health
- Dr. Wendy Jones – Changes to practice of drugs in breastfeeding in the last 23 years. What did we achieve in BfN?
- Zainab Yate – “Help! Breastfeeding makes me feel Bad, Sad or Mad’
- Asif Afridi, BRAP – Progressing anti-racism in mother-support charities
- AJ Silver, The Queer Birth Club – LGBT+ families and supporting lactation
- Current registered BfN members and staff – £15, plus booking fee
- Other volunteer peer supporter, including ABM volunteers – £15, plus booking fee
- Friend of BfN/Friend of DIBM – £20, plus booking fee (subscription costs £20 or £25 respectively and can be purchased here)
- HCP/Doula/Lactation Consultant (paid roles) – £50, plus booking fee
Not able to make it on the day?
If you are not able to join us live on the 2nd October there will be an option to watch after the event. Please register as normal and you will be sent more information closer to the time.
BfN AGM details:
Our AGM is a private meeting open only to members of the Breastfeeding Network and Directors. It is an opportunity to find out more about the wider work of the BfN and how we are performing, and to vote on key decisions.
The AGM will not be recorded and will not be available to view afterwards. The AGM will commence around 9am with further details to be confirmed. The AGM is FREE for Members to attend.
The final agenda and papers will be posted on a password protected page of our website and details will be sent to all Members in August. The agenda will include the following standard items:
Presentation and adoption of the annual report for year ending 31st March 2021
· Presentation and adoption of the accounts for year ending 31st March 2021
· Election of Directors
· Membership fees