Where to find other Breastfeeding Groups or other sources of support
On this website you will only find details for breastfeeding drop-ins where there is a registered Breastfeeding Network Volunteer present. We are not able to list other organsisations breastfeeding groups and you can read more on this below.
If there is no BfN drop-in listed in your area here are other sources of information and support.
Depending on where you live different resources are available
- Telephone helplines
- The Association of Breastfeeding Mothers website has UK breastfeeding support groups listed
- And there are baby cafe groups at:- http://www.thebabycafe.co.uk/L/BC_Nearest.php
- Real Baby Milk have support groups listed
- Your local Infant Feeding Co-ordinator, Community Midwife or Health Visitor may have details of local support. Find your nearest maternity unit on the NHS Choices Website
NHS24 - Health Information and Self Care Advice for Scotland Website to find your nearest maternity unit
NHS24 - Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland to find your nearest maternity unit
NHS Direct Wales to find your nearest maternity unit
Other voluntary organisations offering help:-
The Breastfeeding Network website has listed breastfeeding centres where there is a BfN Registered Volunteer working or involved with the group. We are not able to offer a service to other organisations to enable them to list their group on our website. This is for the following reasons:-
- We are certain that we can keep this information up-to-date
- BfN Registered Volunteers are trained and have an Open College Network accredited qualification. Once trained I our volunteers are required toattend regular Supervision and study sessions, keeping them up to date with current research and recommendations. We are not able to endorse any other training by listing groups where there is no BfN volunteer present.
- The Breastfeeding Network aims to be an independent source of support for breastfeeding women and others involved in their care. We maintain our indepence by not accepting funding or gifts from sources which have a commercial interest in infant feeding. Read more here